Thursday, September 2, 2010

I miss Mike. Sigh.

I spoke with my workmate, Mike on FB chat, I know he hates FB chat, so I know he misses me too. I find myself still asking the question "should I have just taken a 3 week holiday? get this fit over with and head back to real life?" I don't have the answers to all the questions, not even my pendulem does ;) but I do refuse to have regrets.

What 18 days into this adventure has taught me so far about my 'real life' is:
1. I do actually really enjoy designing (maybe Vince was right, maybe I should have brought my laptop with me... but we won't give him that satisfaction, after all, he'll have to deal with my drunken mess when he losed this bet and takes me to the ACE Awards, free drinks all night, what a date!).
2. I really do miss Mike. AND my other workmates. No matter how frustrating work and colleagues can be, I just love those cool cats. My pa always described his staff as his second family and always needed to treat them really special. Now that I know, I'm not coming back, I'm constantly reminded of my MO family whilst I wander down streets, knowing exactly what he means.

Chris: there is always some hardcore jogger taking down the beach in shorty short shorts. PS I heard you made the office do a mandatory run at lunch, good job! haha I'm just glad I wasn't there!

Valery: you really need to go scuba diving and master illustrate the underwater life. It's the most amazing thing I've ever seen. Simply stunning.

Vince: every ginger I see, I cringe and get a little angry inside ;) jk. I just laugh beacause they are lathering up in sunscreen trying helplessly not to burn.

Lorianne: YOU should really be here with me so we can wear Thai pants and get messy. I know you would love this place and likely never leave.

Drew: no one hugs like you do. When I feel homesick I think of you picking me up and cracking my back with your hugs. I need to find someone on these islands that hugs like you... sigh.

Jeff: I didn't think I would, but I miss your grumpy face in the morning! Our sarcastic chats, you even poking me in my easily bruising legs. I miss you, because I know you're like me, tough on the outside and super soft on the inside.

Steffen: I didn't get to work with you long but what I did take away from you was your ambition and initiation. Something that I lack as I laize on these sandy beaches pondering life.

Caitlin: I miss your albino latina ass sending me bass ass Spanish pop songs and pictures of our soccer player.

Jon: oh Jon. No one makes me laugh like you did. And that is quite important. Laughter is the best medicine. It's the best start and end to each day. I need to find someone who can make me laugh like that!

And my Mike: my pal. My bestie. I knew I would miss you because we got so close after K left. Our awkward walks to Safeway. You cringing when I sat too close. You reaching over my shoulder to grab my mouse. Our histarical iChats between 3-4PM to get us through the remainder of the day. Late night handwriting. Chocolate breaks at 2.

We've all had some good times and I miss you little MO family.
Take care of one another, otherwise you'll turn into a hot mess like me, a flubbering baby. And that will just be embarassing.

xo.

PS save me some samples of Stollery!!

No comments:

Post a Comment